Consistently High-Quality Products
Analytic Systems practices Lean Manufacturing to ensure the efficient manufacture of our products.
The key objectives of our lean manufacturing layout and flow are to deliver a high-quality product quickly, while maintaining a safe and pleasant working environment. We have analyzed our facility layout and implemented the following key principles:
- Minimize material handling, distances, storage, clutter and strain
- Maximize utilization of people, space, and equipment
- Maximize flexibility and agility with a plant layout that can adapt quickly to changes in product, equipment, personnel, or material
- Maximize smooth flow by identifying and eliminating bottlenecks
- Maximize visibility to spot and eliminate problems
Analytic Systems also utilizes the following process concepts in day-to-day facility operations:
Just In Time (JIT)
Under JIT, product is “pulled” through the plant at a rate equal to the rate that sales are generated. A customer order creates demand for finished product, which in turn creates demand for final assembly, sub-assemblies, and so on up the supply chain to raw materials. This pull system significantly reduces the need for building inventory.
Instead of the traditional batch movement of product between work centers, one-piece flow uses a lot size of one. This increases the speed and predictability of the production process, and dramatically reduces WIP accumulation.